How to draw a Cretan Labyrinth
The Labyrinth is a symbol used by both Christians and Pagans alike as a means to meditate. The unfortunate thing is that since the purpose of them is to literally get lost, that makes them hard to draw. (Even for someone who is artistically inclined like me.) So here’s a little tutorial on how to set up a grid and make a labyrinth, complete with crude drawings by yours truly!
1. Set up the grid. You can use graph paper if you’re so inclined. Make a + and then right angles inset into that cross and a dot marking the next part of the grid.
2. Connect the topmost part of the inner + to the topmost part of the inset angle.
3. Next, connect the top of the left angle to the rightmost dot.
4. And then the leftmost dot to the bottom end of the rightmost angle.
5-8. Continue moving down the left side, connecting to the right side until you’ve reached the bottom. You want to keep your ‘hallways’ even in width, which is the tricky part and mostly that comes with practice.
9. Make one final connection to the bottom of the angle and the bottom of the cross by going the looooong way around. This will leave an opening and you have a labyrinth!
travelingwitch you are a beautiful person! i have been trying to figure out how to draw these for ages!!